Today I am interviewing Brian of Michigan and of the website http://preppingforthefamily.blogspot.com/ where we are covering lots of topics such as:
- Why you should prep
- Top items to keep in your emergency vehicle kit
- The most important things to remember for medical trauma
- Bug Out Bags: How you prepare differently for each member of the family
- Power Outages
- The most important thing to remember if you are a new prepper
- Zombies: A PRACTICAL Look
- With Thanksgiving over and Christmas on its way, I decided to give a discount. I have multiple training seminars and you can get 15% off of them between now and December 24th.
- use promo code – christmas14
- Military, Police, Paramedics, Firefighters, Peace Corps email me for a larger discount
- If you would like to be a guest on the podcast
- If you would like to interview me on yours
Topic of Discussion:
- What made you decide to prep?
- How long have you been in survival?
- What has been your biggest mistake in survival?
- Have you ever had an AHA moment?
- What are the preparedness items you feel you have a good grasp on and why?
- Top 5 things in your vehicle emergency kit and explain each one.
- Plan to be licensed EMT-B in the spring.
- what would you say are the three most important things to remember in medical trauma?
- You have a bug out bag for EVERYONE in the family. Can you tell me how you differ in packing a bag for you, vs your spouse, and children?
- If there was a power outage that happened right now. What would you do first? Why? How long would you be able to make it comfortably?
- If someone were just starting out as a prepper, how would you recommend they start in preparedness?
- Prep for little things: vehicle break down, tight month financially, power outage
- Check camping gear for essentials
- Give me your definition of a “Zombie”?
- Any links you wish to share with the audience that don’t belong to you?
- Any online resources or apps that you couldn’t live without that you would like to share?
- Ham Radio Training
- Another Source
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Ken Jensen is an American, Ex-Military Patriot that is knowledgeable and experienced in Electronics and Industrial Electrical design and maintenence. Ken is also an experienced Nuclear Reactor Operator and also worked on nuclear instrumentation. He grew up hunting, camping and spending time outdoors. In adulthood, Ken has spent many years learning wilderness survival and, eventually, urban survival.
Ken is the author of a book, The Honey and The Bee and is the main author and contributor to The Clever Survivalist Blog, Survival Guide and The Prepper Podcast, Survival Podcast