You want to know how to find your way out of a bad situation. The first rule is to know where you are relative to where you want to go. The next thing you need to do is finding true north. In today’s podcast I will tell you how to find the north star, and how to find north using other methods such as:
- Polaris (North Star)
- Southern Cross and the South Celestial Pole
- The movement of the stars
- The stick shadow-tip method to find east and west
- Orion’s belt to find south
- The crescent moon
- Makeshift Compass Needle
- A dial watch
Do not trust your direction to anthills, moss on trees, tree branches, or melting snow. This is especially true when you are lacking in experience. The more knowledge you have and practice with it, the better equipped you are if you need to find your way back to civilization… or even escape from it.
- Subscribe, give me a 5 star review, and comment on Itunes!
- How To: Navigate Using a Compass and Map: on my Survival Guide