Who would have thought that many of you would actually listen to me through episode 8. Today I discuss the cheapest or low cost method for surviving thunder, lightening, ice, snow, or tornadic storms. You didn’t even know that you have this storm survival gear around your home.
If you have enough notice, your best chance of survival is to evacuate. Sometimes people can’t just get up and leave everytime there is a dangerous storm coming because they would be vacationing or bugging out for half the year! Pay attention as I discuss how to survive storms including the following:
- Lighting or Energy: Headlamps and lights, Basic Generator Concepts (2500Watt, Portable), Using Car as a generator with inverters.
- Heating and Cooling: heaters and blankets, small fans and window units, Rocket Mass Heater
- Safety: Use Common Sense, Shelters, Bugging Out, Weather Radios, App for Phones
- Food: have less parishable, low input food: Jerky, Trail Mix, Meal Bars or Granola Bars
- Water: Bottles, Bathtubs, and using your Hot Water Heater
You should be able to do much of this from what you have in the home. Organization for what you have is key.
Inverters (Links are affiliate links, but you NEVER pay extra… sometimes you get discounts!):
Weather Radios (Also Affiliate Links):
Phone Apps (Not Affiliate Links):
Call to Action: Get an 800 Watt Inverter or Portable Generator, if you don’t already have one.