- I am in North Carolina right now, so you get a throwback episode.
- If you don’t know where to start in prepping, check out my resource page at theprepperpodcast.com/gettingstarted.
- Speaking of getting started, I think I will be doing a “back to basics” series soon.
- Don’t forget to give me a review at theprepperpodcast.com/itunes and you could win a consulting call with me. (You must email me with subject: Podcast Review so I can contact you… This includes any past or new reviews if you want to be able to win.)
- MLRiggle was the last winner, will you be next?
News in 2 Minutes with J. Bradbury of PreparePDX.com
Small Gardening Lessons and Resources
- Background: Life long interest in disasters.
- B.S. in Psychology with minor in Civic Leadership
- Vet. in Coast Guard 2000-2004
- Volunteered for two Emergency Managers
- past CERT member
- Numerous FEMA certificates (ICS 100-400) plus 20 more
- What have you done to improve your gardening skills?
- I don’t have the room to garden, what can i do?
- What plants have you had success with, which have been a struggle?
- what plants
- when planted
- What do you think you should do differently going forward?
- What do see as the future for gardening?
- Local Farming
- Farmers Market
- Community Garden
- What would you say is the easiest, most actionable way for people to get started?
- easy plants: herbs, lettuce, or what grows easy in your area
- space at work?
- volunteer at local farm
- Is it too late for people to start coming up on the end of May?
- If it is, what would you recommend for them to do until they can start?
- What are some sources on Youtube you turn to?
- Larry Hall: Small Garden Techniques: https://www.youtube.com/user/larrylhall/playlists
- John from Growing your Greens: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnBuE20QUirU2qWzBRKCCx_gmpt3xXOj5
- To meet people: www.meetup.com
- discuss my local group I started.
How can people connect with you?
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ppreparepdx
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/PreparePDX/228271267208887
- Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/108542576024621429618/108542576024621429618/posts
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org