- There has recently been a board added to Top Survival Forum where you can discuss Prepper Podcast Episodes. Check out the Prepping Forum.
- If you don’t know where to start in prepping, check out my resource page at theprepperpodcast.com/gettingstarted
- Don’t forget to give me a review at theprepperpodcast.com/itunes and you could win a consulting call with me. (You must email me with subject: Podcast Review so I can contact you… This includes any past or new reviews if you want to be able to win.)
- Two weeks ago, the winner was twinkletwinkletoes, and by the time I am recording this, I have not heard back from them, but I have heard from MLWriggle.
News in Two Minutes with J.Bradbury of PreparePDX.com
- Army Plans to Start Replacing M9 Pistol in 2018
- Prepping Survival Decision Could Make the Difference: Pay Off Your Credit Card or Stock up on Critical Supplies?
- Wheeler County ranch worker rescued after two days pinned under ATV
Join a Community and Get Insane Benefits in Preparedness
Last weeks winner was twinkletwinkletoes, and by the time I am recording this, I have not heard back from them, but I have heard from MLWriggle
If you join a community you can get tons of benefits
Join at least one community before you start
- You will have great ideas
- They will be out of order
- They will have bad timing
- Maybe you aren’t sure how to prioritize
- Use other people as sound boards for your ideas
- You will invite knowledge and wisdom from others
- Many other people have been prepping for quite some time
You can learn from others
- You can learn Technical skills from others
- Building fires
- Storing foods
- Pasturizing Water
- Building Shelters
- You can learn some “soft skills” from others
- You can learn critical thinking
- They can teach you a new way of thinking about something
- What you consider a weed, I may consider a medicinal plant
- Instead of waste disposal systems, it may be better to put in regenerative waste reuse systems.
- By learning new things, you will learn to question your own knowledge for the better.
- You get new ideas
- As you hear the stories of others, you will pick up valuable information.
- From this information, you will choose the best ideas and use them to your advantage.
You can prevent yourself from making mistakes
- Others have made mistakes, so why do you need to do it as well?
- Mistakes are not a failure, they are an opportunity to learn.
- But why learn from your mistakes, when you can learn from theirs?
- I mentioned your potential “out-of-order” great ideas.
- These may turn into disasters or mistakes instead of a great idea.
- Someone could tell you, “I think you may want to do THIS first.”
You can “Fast Track” your preparedness with a community.
- When you have others to push you along and encourage you it gives you motivation.
- When others are willing to hold you accountable, and you have to answer to someone for your incomplete goals, you are more willing to finish.
- The mistakes that you have dodged and the advantage in learning prioritization will mean a smoother straighter, FASTER path.
Collective Knowledge from community adds up!
- You may be a year into preparedness.
- But you know 3 people that have been doing it for 10 years each.
- This is a collective knowledge of 30 years in prepping!
Build relationships and Get help from others in the group.
- When you are in a close-knit community, where everyone gives and helps each other, people are more willing to help.
- You show that you are willing to give, and eventually others will reciprocate.
- Good-Will toward each other means that they become allies in survival scenarios instead of enemies.
- Be the “good guy”, but don’t let them take advantage of you.
Joining a Community will Allow You to Benefit Others
Everything you get from others, you get to reciprocate.
- The misguided ideas that you get may be the idea that others want.
- You can speak a little wisdom into others’ lives when they are discussing their ideas with you.
- Any skills that you have, you can teach to others.
- You can also use those skills as a bartering tool to get what you want from others.
- I have shifted my opinions about stuff and I have been prepping for some time.
- Often people that tell me they are new to prepping, teach me my most valuable insights.
- You can prevent others from making mistakes and can help hold them accountable.
- Therefore, you will help speed up their Journey
- Now you get to add to the collective knowledge.
- It may not be a direct linear relationship but:
- 3 people at 10 years of prepping is 30 years of knowledge
- 10 people at 3 years of prepping is 30 years of knowledge
- It may not be a direct linear relationship but:
- You can help others in the group.
- You will feel better about yourself.
- You will make great friends.
- You will create good will among others.
- You will be healthier (we are social creatures).
You Can Easily and Freely Join Communities!
Online Prepping and Survival Communities
- Join an online group or forum.
- You can join my forum that has some awesome interactions going on all the time.
- You can join a small prepping mastermind group
Join a local prepper group.
- I founded one by simply placing an add on craigslist.
- Only one person replied, then we opened a world of people to each other.
- That is what started the group.
Join in a large cause
- I met several awesome people at the NRA expo that was from my area.
Join in a gun club, hunting club, brewing club, biking or running club, Hamm Club
- These people may not be preppers.
- Funny enough, EVERYONE like one aspect of prepping.
- These people are great for accountability and knowledge anyways
- You may make an awesome friend anyways.
Join your neighbors!
- Your neighbors, like everyone likes to do things in prepping
- They don’t call it that though
- Furniture building
- Your neighbors are your ULTIMATE GROUP.
- These will be the people you deal with or will enjoy when you bug-in.
- A great relationship with your neighbor may be the only thing that causes them to be a good teammate, instead of a marauder in a Stink Hit’s the Fan Scenario.
Get out there and find a community to Join!
Why are you still paying attention to me? Get out there and meet some people, make some friends, learn some stuff, and build your resiliency!