Amazing Preparedness Christmas Presents for that Prepper in your life!
Christmas is fast approaching and you haven’t figured out what to get your prepper spouse. Or you want to help your children become more prepared and realize this is the perfect opportunity to get them prepared.
That is why I came up with an amazing list of really neat stuff that people would love to get, even if they aren’t “die-hard survivalists.”
Preparedness is the Best Gift You Could Ever Give a Loved One.
You get the FUN Prepping Gear
You don’t have to follow your “5 year plan.” You can look at the cool stuff that you WANT… just because.
Introducing others to survival
You can provide others with multi-purpose items
You can borrow the really cool survival items you chose
The gift I mentioned for my son, I plan to borrow when I want to make the items that I need for my own preparedness gear. This is a way for me to buy other people, what I want, and borrow it!
Superb Stocking Stuffers for Prepping Prowess
Small doesn’t mean “not-useful.” Some of the most important survival gear can fit directly in a sock on your Fireplace Mantle. Take notes, because you won’t want to forget these cool little items.
Neat pen with the following:
- Glass Breaker
- Incorporated Whistle
- Fire Starter
- Replaceable Ink Cartridge
These are essentially silver dimes, quarters, and nickels. Don’t spend it though.
This is one bright little flashlight! You can also get a 3 mode version that is about 200 lumens.
- A perfect item for hiking and other outdoor sports, focus adjustable, support Zoom in and zoom out.
- Up to 100,000 hours long life LED
- Aluminum alloy body
- 220 lumen light
- 1 hour 15 minute runtime using Li-Ion battery
- Uses AA or 14500 Rechargeable Batteries
- Aluminum Body
- Water Resistant
- One step up from the Cree Flashlight
This is good for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, travel and emergency preparedness.
- Weighs just 2 ounces
- Includes drinking pouch
- Fits on standard disposable water bottles and hydration packs
- Removes 99.9999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera, and E.coli; removes 99.999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- Everything is about 10 times better than the lifestraw
The suunto is a basic and reliable compass design for map navigation.
Tiny but Invaluable resource to have in any bug out bag.
- Stainless steel construction
- P-38 can opener, 1 1/2″ long
- P-51 can opener, 2″ long
This is a really cool and cheap item.
- Very Sensitive Flat Trigger Mechanism
- Stainless Steel Spring & Galvanized Steel Frame
- Pre-Spooled with 9-12′ of 60# Test Nylon Line
- Adjustable Spring Tension
- Made In The USA
Perfect size to fit in your EDC, especially if you use an altoids tin to carry it all. Obviously, this is built with the exact same design as the normal bic lighter.
Card Survival Tools (multiple versions)
There are so many versions of these out there. Each one has its own purpose and design. I will name a couple of them.
Some of the tools on this one are:
- Bottle Opener
- Can Opener
- Flat Head Screwdrive
- 4 Position Wrench
Not a big fan of these but it folds into a little 3 inch knife. Not a bad backup for your backup.
- 2-inch serrated edge steel blade
- Removable blade
- Can opener/flathead screwdriver
- 3.375-inches by 2.125-inches and weighs 1.4-ounces
This is my favorite of all the EDC Wallet Cards. It has:
- arrowhead, small game arrowhead
- fishing hooks, double sided fishing hooks
- snare locks, trident for gigging fish and frogs or small game.
- sewing needles, tweezers, multiple saw blades
Multitool weighs 1.6 ounces and includes:
- bottle opener
- three hex wrenches
- Hardware encryption
- Superior password protection
- No application installation required
- Interchangeable between Mac OS X and Windows systems
- Secure – drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid login attempts
- Durable metal casing with built-in key loop
- USBtoCloud and ESET Anti-virus (Windows systems only)
Top-Notch Gadgets for High Class Survival
If you need something a little larger to make you feel more prepared, I have generated a list of great quality items that are sure to put your christmas gifts about 3 steps ahead of all the rest.
This is such an amazing first aid tool, that I have to add it to the list. Israeli Battle Dressings are a mix between a gauze dressing, a compression bandage, with the potential to be used as a makeshift tourniquet. Never leave home without one.
This is the cadillac of the baofeng brand. It is an 8 watt radio with a high gain antenna.
It comes with battery, charger and earpiece with mic. I have just one concern: I think that the radio may need a small fan just to keep it cool. 8 watts in a small package like this is quite a bit of power.
Gerber or Leatherman MultiTool
Typical high quality multitools can save you in a pinch. The one I have in the photo is the Legend, which is my EDC multitool.
- Grey No-See-Um Mesh
- Triple Stitching
- Double Sided Zipper
- Net Suspension Kit Included
- Two Inside Storage Pockets
- 100% Leather Sheath
- 1095 Cro-van steel
- 7″ Straight Edge Blade
- The most famous fixed blade knife design in the world
- Leather Handle, USMC Fightning Knife
I have the Dakota 20. This GPS seems to have everything my dakota had for about half the price. The reason for this is that it doesnt have a touch screen. What is does have is:
- Elevation, odometer, speed, etc.
- Waypoint Marking
This is a high-quality, but expensive molle capable backpack from Maxpedition. Anyone recieving this from you would be extremely excited.
Now for the coolest and most expensive in the list.
The chroma is a professional drone with an hd camera. I have seen these in action and the video quality is amazing. Not only can this be used for amazing professional flyover and fly-by video, but it can be used to get intel or to give (small supplies) in an emergency.
When you are all geared up, and you need to go, men just unzip and go. What about women? Introducing, the p-Style. Unzip, place it below, and go. The reviews I have seen have said this one is better than the Go-Girl brand.
This thing is 40 dollars and you can find professional grade sling shots for half the price.
None of those will fit in your Bug Out Bag like this will and still provide great power.
- Uses ultra-clean gasification and a secondary combustion. This allows fuel to burn more completely and with less smoke.
- Uses twigs, leaves, pinecones and wood as fuel. Eliminates the need to carry heavy, polluting and expensive canister fuels.
- Boils water in 8-10 mins (34 fl oz water).
- Solo Stove weighs only 9 oz. Made of premium stainless steel and nichrome wire. Nylon stuff sack included.
- Alcohol Burner Fits inside Solo Stove providing an alternative fuel source. Works with denatured alcohol. Made of solid brass and features a screw top lid, rubber gasket and simmer lid. Nests inside Solo Stove for easy storage.
This is a neat little, all-metal, 2 lb stove, that folds flat, so it will fit easily in your gear.
I am not a fan of premade kits, but this is a neat little molle first aid kit. Most of the items in this bag are useful. I DO recommend you instantly open this kit and replace the quikclot with some celox.
This is a great idea. I dont recommend spending $240 on a shelf when you could just get a safe. You could build one for about $50.
It is a full belt of paracord, so you will get at least a half pound of paracord. My guess, that is at least 50-100 feet. You can also hide hooks, small knives, and other survival gear in the belt.
- Is Rechargeable
- Has a 2200 Lumens LED
- Has a Car and AC charger and USB Cable
- 3 mode:High/Low/Strobe
You can get the awesome ability of the Berkey Water Purifier in a bottle.
Eliminates or Reduces up to 99.9% of:
- Unpleasant taste and odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment and chlorine
- Toxic chemicals: Trihalomethanes, VOCs, detergents, pesticides, etc
- Harmful microscopic pathogens: Cryptosporidium, Giardia, E-coli >99.99999% and other pathogenic bacteria
- Heavy metals: Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Lead, and Mercury
- High quality image and resolution
- High power built-in infrared illumination
- High magnification and large objective lens
Not the best knife in the world, but this is a good introductory knife for children for the money when they are learning to use them.